A strong client intake process is essential for any law firm. It’s the first impression you make on a potential client, and it can help you determine whether they’re a good fit for your firm. Here are some best practices for creating a strong client intake process:
- Document your client intake policies and processes. This will help ensure that your staff is on the same page and that clients know what to expect.
- Conduct a thoughtful pre-screen. Not every potential client is a good fit for your firm. Take some time to assess their needs and make sure you have the resources to help them.
- Listen, listen, listen & document, document, document during your initial consult. This is your chance to build rapport with the client and understand their problem. Be empathetic and ask questions to get a clear picture of their situation. And don’t forget to take great notes and save them in your CRM.
- Take time to discuss fees. Make sure the client understands your billing process and what they can expect to pay.
- Integrate with your practice management software. This will help you avoid duplicate data entry and keep track of your clients’ progress.
- Track potential clients by their stage in the intake process. This will help you ensure that you’re following up with everyone in a timely manner.
- Automate engagement agreements. This will save you time and ensure that all your agreements are consistent.
- Offer e-signatures. This is a convenient way for clients to sign documents, and it can help you get started on their case faster.
- Never stop improving. Your client intake process should be a work in progress. As you learn more about your clients and your firm, you can continue to make it better.
Here are some additional tips for creating a strong client intake process:
- Make it easy for potential clients to contact you. Provide multiple ways for them to reach you, such as your website, email address, and phone number.
- Use clear and concise language on your website and intake forms. Potential clients should be able to understand what you do and how you can help them without having to read through a lot of jargon.
- Be responsive to potential clients. Once they reach out to you, make sure you get back to them promptly.
- Be honest and transparent about your fees. Potential clients should know what they’re getting into before they sign a contract.
- Provide excellent customer service. This is essential for building trust with potential clients and keeping them coming back.
Bonus tip: Make sure your contact information is prominently featured on your website. Don’t make your potential client go hunting for it
Clio Grow is an excellent client intake software that helps law firms streamline their client intake process. It offers a variety of features, including:
- Online intake forms
- Integrated eSignature
- Conflict checking
- Lead tracking
- Client onboarding
In addition to these features, Clio Grow also offers a variety of integrations with other popular legal software, such as Clio Manage and Mailchimp and more. This makes it easy to keep all your client data in one place and to automate tasks, such as sending invoices and reminders. Clio Grow is a powerful tool that can help law firms streamline their client intake process and improve the overall client experience. Here are some more best practices for client intake from our friends at Clio.
Want some help building out or fine tuning your client intake process? CPN Legal can help! Reach out to Nicole Tedford at email@example.com.
And happy prospecting!